And if you're from the UK who has not yet read Finding Sky, you may even snag yourself a copy of this fabulous title. Enjoy!
Welcome Joss!
1. Sky and Zed are soulfinders - soul mates. Do you believe soulmates truly exist?
It depends what you mean. I think you can find your soul mate in real life. I’d certainly say my lovely husband is mine and we have quite a few years of marriage behind us! I’d like to think that after the end of the book Sky and Zed do go on to develop that deep relationship that lasts longer than the first fizz of romance – that’s certainly how it is in my imagination. On the other hand, unlike the curse on the savants, I don’t believe that you can only find happiness with one person and are stuffed if you mess it up. In reality, it is more about adapting to the person you choose so that you both become the best people possible together.
2. What, for you, is the most important aspect of a relationship?
So many things go in to a good relationship but a key thing has to be commitment.
3. Was Sky and Zed's relationship inspired by any you know?
My characters are always themselves. I don’t borrow from real life but hope to make them true to their role in the book. However, any couple I’ve met who are really in love has lent a spark to them.
4. If you can describe Sky and Zed's relationship in one word - what would it be and why?
Tender. That is the heart of the story – going from first impressions to a deep caring for each other.
5. What, in your opinion, is the best love advice that everyone should abide by?
Don’t try and change the other person to fit you but look to your own faults.
6. In Finding Sky, is it only the savants who have and find their true other half?
The soulfinder is peculiar to the savants and part of the fantasy, but I also think that Sky’s parents, Simon and Sally, are soulmates and a good non-savant example for her.
7. If you can pick and choose your soulfinder from the Benedict Boys, who would you most likely see yourself with?
Wow. I’ve given Zed to Sky and Yves is already taken in the next book so they are off limits. Trouble is that I’ve purposefully made all of them appealing to me as that is part of the fun of thinking up a family of such stunning boys. I think I’m a little in love with all of them. But if I had to choose today, I’d probably choose one of the older ones with a dark side, maybe Victor, as he has depths I haven’t yet had a chance to imagine in full!
8. What is your favourite romance book?
Pride and Prejudice of course. Mr Darcy – swoon. And the writing is extraordinarily deft and witty.
(And I will echo: swoooon!)
9. Would you rather read a book about forbidden romance, the-more-you-hate-the-more-you-love romance or a best-friend-turned-boyfriend romance?
Hmm, all have potential. I like the mutual hatred masking love theme so let me pick that for now. Ask me another day and I expect my answer will be different.
10. Are we readers going to enjoy more savant and soulfinder books?
Oh yes. I’m currently occupied with Yves and his soulfinder. He is the sixth son, the one described in FS as a bit like a ‘hot Harry Potter’, and who hides under this studious appearance the ability to makes things explode. I’m very much enjoying giving him a suitably unsuitable soulfinder and then letting things take their explosive course.
Yes! More soulfinder books :) The Benedict boys will be pleased indeed :) Thank you to Joss for joining us here today and to Liz without whom none of this would have been possible. Thank you.
Don't forget to head over to Portrait of a Woman tomorrow for the next stop of the Finding Sky blog tour! Now here's what you've been waiting for: the giveaway! Don't forget to read the rules before entering!
Rules.
- Open to UK entrants only. International Entrants with a UK mailing address may of course participate.
- You do not have to be a follower to enter.
- Deadline for entries will be on 31st October, 12MN BST.
- Winners will be drawn through random.org
- Winners will be contacted via e-mail, and will be given 48 hours to response. Otherwise, a new winner will be drawn.
- Any details will be deleted after use and will not be passed on to any third party.



























6 comments:
Great interview and thanks for the giveaway.
Fab Interveiw. :D
Thanks for the giveaway too!
Z x
Great interview :D
I am pleased to share this blog Children's books about nature to my nephews and nieces. It talks about love and romance and survival. I am sure you would really love the stories.
A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a good one.
the giveaway! Don't forget to read the rules before entering!
Post a Comment