Meet Josephine Foster, or Zo Jo as she’s called in the biz. The best pint-sized photographer of them all, Jo doesn’t mind doing what it takes to get that perfect shot, until she’s sent on an undercover assignment to shoot Ned Hartnett—teen superstar and the only celebrity who’s ever been kind to her—at an exclusive rehabilitation retreat in Boston. The money will be enough to pay for Jo’s dream: real photography classes, and maybe even quitting her paparazzi gig for good. Everyone wants to know what Ned’s in for. But Jo certainly doesn’t know what she’s in for: falling in love with Ned was never supposed to be part of her assignment.
Shooting stars gave me an insight as to what the photography industry is like. It was a cute and interesting read with an unexpected twist - not one that I expected at all. At first, I saw not so keen in reading it, but curiosity got the better of me and thank god it did!
Jo, the main character is a paparazza with an advantage and the book goes on about the mission she is sent to do. I found 'Zo Jo' - as she is known in the business - a talkative character that goes on and on about a particular subject. And while it was perfectly fine in the beginning, soon, it became almost unbearable, but mind you, it did turn down a bit and it was her constant need to blabber on and on that made it possible for me to relate to her (I myself am quite chatty in person). Jo seems to be an independent character certainly capable of taking care of herself - with all the years of being a paparazza, that is. However, she seems so unsure about herself and what she wants to do that it made her seem weak as well as how she seemed so motivated by money and how she 'needs' it to pay for her photography class. One of the characters I really looked forward to come across in the book was Seth. Rude and nosy, I particularly liked him without knowing why, but I do have a feeling that it may be his funny character.
The plot twist is one I definitely loved! Sure, hints we dropped throughout the book and I may have thought it possible but it was still quite good. But there were some parts in the book where I found it was quite weak.
Shooting Stars might not have drawn me in at the beginning, but it certainly made up for it in the end. It wasn't at all 'fluffy' but instead was funny with a hint of cuteness. It is definitely an eye opener for the world of paparazzi and the stars. (If that is how it is?)
Three Stars



0 comments:
Post a Comment