Hi there, welcome to our blog!

We're Dwayne and Hanna,
compulsive readers whose
growing book collection sadly
lacks a bookshelf.

We're 23 and 15, and we live in London.

Like most sisters, we bicker. A lot.

17 November 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (16)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.
This week's pick is:

STARCROSSED (Josephine Angelini)

Set on the island of Nantucket, STARCROSSED tells the tale of Helen Hamilton, a young woman whose destiny is forever altered when she meets Lucas Delos and tries to kill him in front of her entire high school. Which is terribly inconvenient, not only because Lucas is the most beautiful boy on the island, but also because Helen is so achingly shy she suffers physical pain whenever she is given too much attention.


Making matters worse, Helen is beginning to suspect she’s going crazy. Whenever she’s near Lucas or any member of his family she sees the ghostly apparitions of three women weeping bloody tears, and suffers the burden of an intense and irrational hate. She soon learns that she and Lucas are destined to play the leading roles in a Greek tragedy that the Three Fates insist on repeating over and over again throughout history. Like her namesake, Helen of Troy, she’s destined to start a war by falling in love. But even though Lucas and Helen can see their own star-crossed destiny, they’re still powerfully attracted to each other. Will they give up their personal happiness for the greater good, or risk it all to be together?


To be published 31st March 2011 by HarperTeen.


My pick today just had to be romance related! The announcement of the royal engagement yesterday made feel even more giddy about romance than I usual am - which says a lot because I am a terrible romantic. The announcement was breaking news from 4pm to midnight last night on BBC, so maybe I'm just suffering from an engagement overdose? Lol

So there you go, Starcrossed! What's your choice for this week?

3 comments:

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

Royal engagement, well, that's news to me :) (If you can't tell, I don't watch the news, ahha). So thanks for keeping me updated. ;)

As for your pick this week, good one! This sounds intensely intriguing - I love books that utilize mythology in an interesting way. :)

Marce said...

I don't watch the news either. This sound different than the norm.

Mine is here

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/11/waiting-on-wednesday-lisa-schroeder.html

Anonymous said...

I like your choice, it sound different and I'm a massive fan of Greek mythology. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one!

Post a Comment

Statistics




Since 06 September 2010