This is an exciting news for UK YA bloggers in particular, as well as to book enthusiasts in the country. Let's hear it from the editor at MIRA INK!
My name is Maddie West and I am obsessed with YA books. Luckily for me, I’m the editor atMIRA INK, a new imprint devoted to all things YA.
We’re launching MIRA INKat the start of 2011 with some amazingly exciting books! We’ve got completely thrilling stories of forbidden love and dark secrets. Banshees, faeries, vampires, werewolves and zombies have battled for my attention and I’m still struggling to pick a favourite.
For starters, we have Rachel Vincent’s Soul Screamers. A normal, everyday, fade-into-the-
background high school girl discovers that she isn’t exactly human. She’s a banshee, forced to sing in the presence of death. Of course, her singing isn’t exactly pleasant to hear. And everyone thinks that she’s going mad. Everyone, that is, apart from gorgeous hunk (and captain of the school football team) Nash.
Don’t fancy banshees? How do you feel about a future in which society divides into Uppers and Lowers? In which the Uppers have acres of space and all the technology, while the Lowers resentfully wait on them, policed by the Pop Cops. Until the day when one of the Lowers inadvertently starts a revolution...All this is in Maria Snyder’s Inside Out.
Then there’s Meghan Chase. She thinks she’s an ordinary fifteen year old – until her little brother goes missing, and Meghan is forced into the world of the Fey to find him. She’s soon torn between her best friend, Puck, who turns out to be a lot more than he seems, and a mysterious dark prince, who may want her dead – or may just want her. Julie Kagawa’s Iron Fey series is seriously one of the best things I’ve read this year!
Last but not least, Gena Showalter’s Intertwined books are bursting with Others – vampires, werewolves, witches, zombies and one possessed teenage boy. Aden is somehow going to have to save a world full of people who think that he’s a troubled bad boy. I hope I’ve whetted your appetite for some of the great things coming from MIRA Ink this year. I know I’ve had the best time ever reading them! If you want to know any more – or just want to discuss YA books generally – you can email me on maddie.west@hmb.co.uk.
Maddie
Watch out for the following books on the shelves of your local bookstore - they are bound to be fantastic!



7 comments:
Oh wow I love Mira already cos they published the Study & Glass books and Rachel Vincent's Shifter series but this YA imprint sounds amazing! It's kinda funny though because I already bought the first 3 Soul Screamer books and Inside Out from the US because I didn't want to wait. :P
YAY for Mira, I know they publish Maria V. Snyder's books. How do we get in touch with them then? ;)
LOVE MIRA's adult books and I've already bought the new MIRA ink Soul Screamers and Inside Out. Very excited to read them and see what other awesome series' there going to bring out!
I have a copy of Inside Out and have been saving it for a dystopian reading challenge that starts in Feb. I can't wait! Thanks for the tantalizing blurbs...
Oh fantastic! I'm really liking the look of the books that Mira Ink have set to release first! I have The Iron King and it might just be going to the top of my TBR!
I'm not in the UK but that sounds great!
You won a award on my blog!
http://hookedtobookblogs.blogspot.com
Hi!I just wanted to let you know I've given you a blog award. You can see it at: http://librarymosaic.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-award.html
Post a Comment