
Princess Taoshira is appalled when she is ordered to marry Prince Ramil ac Burinholt in order to unite their lands. And he's not too pleased either. They hate each other on sight.
So when she and Ramil are kidnapped, they fear there's no escape - either from their kidnappers or from each other.
Can they put aside their differences long enough to survive ambush, unarmed combat, brainwashing and imprisonment? And will the people they meet on their adventure - including a circus strongman, a daring rebel leader, a sinister master of spies and the best female fighter they have ever seen - help them or betray them to the enemy...?
The one word for Dragonfly is loveable. It's a book with amazing characters, a really cool adventure and of course, cute romance! It's also full of fun, laughter and imagination.
Dragonfly is full of funny and good as well as cruel characters. My favourites are (of course) Taoshira and Ramil because their relationship is a love-hate friendship turned romance. They hate each other at first sight and some of their actions to each other are full of humour. Ramil is described as and 'uncouth' boy while Taoshira is very formal and well mannered. Their personalities do not match at all, and because of that, every moment is sweet and totally cute!
Some characters cruel, like the kidnappers to took Ramil and Taoshira. I think that some of you will like most of the good characters in this book because they have very interesting personalities, but will get really annoyed with the cruel ones. They irritated me!
The setting is great! Out of this world but very fresh. It is full of imagination and it is a great place for a journey. I love the idea of uniting two kingdoms agreeing to form an alliance by marrying their prince and princess. It is a good way for uncouth Ramil and formal Taoshira to meet! When they met and hated each other at first sight, I just loved both of their expressions. Their journey together was a great adventure and full of surprises along the way. For me it felt like their world was real and I was with them all along.
The book cover was okay. Though I did not clearly understand the cover, I liked the story (that's what matters right?). I definitely enjoyed the book!
I would love it to have a sequel. I most definitely do! There's another book in the series, The Glass Swallow, but it focuses on different characters and is set in the future. I can't wait to read it! Dragonfly is a wonderful book and I want to read more about Ramil and Taoshira and their adventures together.
Four stars!



5 comments:
I've never heard of this book, but it looks great! Thanks for the review!
I've never heard of this, but it sounds so intriguing! Great review :)
Oh this sounds quite enjoyable and I always love it when a couple don't like each other at first! lol
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!
I loved this book and i want to read it again...it is a must read!!! Try it!!
Post a Comment