Dear Reader,
I am sorry to say that the book you are holding in your hands is extremely unpleasant. It tells an unhappy tale about three very unlucky children. Even though they are charming and clever, the Baudelaire lead lives filled with misery and woe. From the very first page of this book when the children are at the beach and receive terrible news, continuing through the entire story, disaster lurks at their heels. One might say they are magnet to misfortune.
In this book alone, three youngsters encounter a greedy and repulsive villain, itchy clothing, a disastrous fire, a plot to their fortune and cold porridge for breakfast.
It is my sad duty to write down these unpleasant tales but there is nothing stopping you from putting this book down at once and reading something happy, if you prefer that sort of thing.
To be honest this book is full of misery but I enjoy it pretty well. I only read it because I saw my sister read it, so I thought I might give it a try. And the result? I liked it! A lot. The characters are clever, but they have a very unfortunate life. Orphans and abused they all suffer misery. This book has also some happy moments, but most are quite unhappy. This book is really interesting to read since it made me think about other people and hoped that no one has a life as miserable as the characters.
The front cover didn't stun me, but the plot was promising. I think that the beginning wasn't really that awesome, but as you get along, it will hook you.
The characters are pretty cool. Violet Baudelaire is the eldest of them all, she is very smart and really good at inventing things. She is one of my favourite characters in the story. Klaus Baudelaire is her younger brother, The middle child, and is very intelligent. They need him when the Baudelaires need some facts and information about this and that. And then Sunny Baudelaire is the youngest Baudelaire. She likes biting things with her sharp teeth and later in the series finds her skill.
Overall, I must say that this book is full of misery and disasters, but really this book will hook you like it did to me. I would recommend it to everyone, unless you don't like reading unhappy tales.
I would rate it 4 stars.



2 comments:
Hanna - What a great review! This series is very popular with students in my school library right now. We are actually experiencing quite a craze. I guess people like to read about misery as long as it is not their own!
Thanks for sharing info.
Very thank for sharing all the information you offer here.
There are so many people have replyed here,and i would like to take part in.
Post a Comment